MSDOS 5.0 - Way off topic

I have an old, very old, lap top that my kid wants to use to write some TXT files for a school asignment. Another of my kids figured out how to Format C:\, and wiped DOS off of the small hard drive.

I would like to download a copy of DOS 5.0, if I could find it anywhere. The obvious (to me) search strings have not given me the hits that I was hoping to find. I was thinking that M. Romain was a geek that might have DOS collecting dust, but I really don't care who the geeks are ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff, I've a copy of 6.21. E-mail me if you'd like it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Jeff Strickland did pass the time by typing:

might try here.

But if the drive has been wiped, that may be difficult. Somewhere I probably have Dos 3.0 but it's on 5 1/4 floppies. :)

Reply to
DougW

THAT WOULD BE snipped-for-privacy@EZ2.NET

Sorry for the ALLCAPS. I was screaming at the dolt that posted the spam.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

NEVERMIND

The computer is dead. Thanks for caring.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Here is one place I found to download DOS 5.0.

link to ebay has a copy with documentation, but you probably don't need that and it costs money.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11685&item=7139775845&rd=1 Aloha from Maui

Reply to
Joe and Joann

Reply to