need wrangler help !!

a friend, (a woman) was given a '97 wrangler. It looks great! 4-inch lift, (the Jeep) great after market wheels, some diamond plate in the right places, neat grill, etc, etc. UNfortunately, it is a 4-cylinder, and has

31-inch tires, and the original axle ratios. The poor thing will not get out of its own way!! Anyone have experience putting in a 6? Will the tranny (a stick) bolt up ok? Or would changing the axle ratios be easier and cheaper? H e l p !! Or dynamite? How many sticks?
Reply to
attnews

Maybe your AMC stock will come in handy here.

It would be cheaper to regear, I suggest 4.56s.

The trans on the 4 banger is not as stout as the trans that goes with the 6, so you will need to replace both the trans and the motor. The tcase should fit either trans.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
attnews

Reply to
attnews

If doing the engine and trans why not go V8 as you need a new trans anyway.

Reply to
Brian Hubley

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

How about a HEMI swap with a 3/36 warranty?

KByington

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The Ford V10 might fit better in the TJ engine compartment. I've been toying with that idea to the point of taking measurements off my Super Duty.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III