97 Wrangler hesitates from time to time when in gear?

Hello all,

I have a 97 wrangler, 5 speed, 6 cyclinder.

Every once in awhile my jeep starts to hesitate when in gear. The engine sounds though it is running fine, but when I put it back in gear it wont go, and almost sounds as though it wants to stop/stall rather than go.

It does this only for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. Returns a week or so later, but seems to be doing it more frequently. Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Steve

David C. Moller