New disc brake kit for CJ7

Can anyone point me to a site that sells a nice disc brake kit for my '78 CJ7?

Thanks, Jordan

Reply to
Jordan

If you mean a conversion from drum to disk front brakes, you should have them, if not pick up the brakets from a stock '77-'78 CJ out of a bone yard. Rear AMC 20 disk conversion:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I've been told that you can easily retrofit post-1976 CJ front drums with later CJ-series front drums, but I've never tried it. The axles didn't change, just the brake system.

Here's an article on swapping diskes into much earlier jeeps:

Here's an article on swapping Cherokee rear disks into a ZJ:

Lee Ayrton

I do have disk brakes in the front. I was thinking of upgrading them to something better than stock.

Jordan

Reply to
Jordan

All depends on how much $ you want to part with.

I upgraded the ZJ with Stillen rotors and Performance Friction carbon-metalic pads. Been real happy, they stop well and wear like iron. Gotten twice the milage out of them that I got out of OEM, and they are still going strong.

Reply to
DougW