new homepage.

Sorta.. I went and got myself a domain. :)

It's a hole but it has a nice bandwidth limit and good space. So it's a plush hole.

on another nym I go by and the factthe domain name I initially wanted was tooken. :( On the bright side I can now hold more details and better pictures. Rather than scattering my stuff all over a few domains on the cox hompages and dealing with a 10M cap.

Have a happy.

Reply to
DougW

lol, yep. I have seven cox email addresses each with 10m caps. All my videos have to squeeze into 10m chunks. I will have to do the same soon Doug. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

It hasn't fully propagated yet, that takes a while. You can see the information or lack thereof by using godaddy. At any rate when it finally shows up all anyone can see is it's held by domainsbyproxy. Another good feature that lets me register using correct info (phone, address, etc) but then shield it from the general public.

I chose godaddy because they hate spammers and kick them off very quickly. That and a fairly cheap price for basic service.

Reply to
DougW

Smart move!

That is the way to go. Keeps those stalkers like Bill from stalking you out. :-) The "No Bill zone". :)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Well, there's nothing quite like being the master of your own domain, but I rather like my dyndns.org subdomain at zero dollars per month and home hosting for zero dollars per month on top of basic residential service. Most ISPs won't object as long as the transfer rates are minimal.

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Steve

I run mail servers for my friends and family on a (really) old Pentium II

450 using dyndns.org's custom DNS. I have another backup Pentium II on standby in a different location in case it all goes horribly wrong.

Dave Milne