Wheres Maxima.org??

i went to maxima.org today (11/11/03) and the web site it gone!! Any one know what happend??

Reply to
myke

The org has been having server and/or software problems of late. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Reply to
Steve Manifold

Thankfully it's back now. phew see y'all there

Reply to
Brian

here it is 2028h (Eastern standard time) and maxima.org not up yet

Reply to
Daniel

Should be. I know Maxima.org wasn't but

was as well as forums.Maxim.org

Reply to
Brian

forums.maxima.org works, but

and maxima.org are still down:

This is the Server Administrator? default page.

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured or 2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact snipped-for-privacy@unknown.com

Reply to
Dan

I am a donating member of the org.....but they either don't have the knowledge, staff, commitment or time to maintain the site properly. (I have no idea what the real problem is, if all the problems could be ironed out then by all means I'd donate again!) but I consider it money wasted at this point.

I help maintain a site similar to this (and have offered to help, the money they took, the offer of help with the site they turned down) This type of site maintenance is not rocket science, I, for one, would REALLY like to know, what is going on and why the site is so flakey.

It's a GREAT site, don't get me wrong, TONS of VERY useful info, but the site maintenance is atrocious. I really do hope they get it all together because it has helped me many, many times, and I DO NOT want it to go away, ( I donated just to have the search capability, which is absolutely necessary to have the site be of any real use)but it seems to be a crap shoot as to weather the site is up or down, functioning properly, whatever.... you name it, they have had the problem.

I may be offering a new site, very similar to the org, but just for 4th gens, I would like to offer all gens but I do not have the time to maintain a site that would cover so much info..is anyone interested in this?? Anyone want to help? if not I'll just forget it. but I know php on a RELIABLE server would work just fine.....I really would like someone to explain to me why there are so many recurring problems with the org......is it staffing, hardware, not enough time or what? ANYONE care to elaborate? Bitsbucket.

Reply to
Bitsbucket

So what is the address of said similar site?

Reply to
Brian

Well, it is beta still, (the php site) but is up and running....although it is on a server that is running on DSL, so there is not enough bandwidth to take allot of traffic, If you will email me I'll send it to you but I do not want it posted here, it would get slammed with traffic and like I said not enough bandwidth.....YET..... it will be on a new server soon, like I said it's still in beta, and as soon as all the kinks are worked out it will go public, on a hosting company, this week I hope.

Believe me, I know maintaining a site as complex as the org is not easy, I never said it was, I am just wondering about their commitment to it. I know it takes TONS of time to make it work right, but I have offered. Money and time! I want it to work.......personally I need it

Reply to
Bitsbucket