New Liberty 10 mpg?

New Liberty here. I know it's early. 600 miles, but I'm getting a solid

10 MPG in city driving. I'm going out of my way to take it slow and easy, and getting the ECO On display to come on. Is this as good as it gets, or will it improve? Sticker said 16-22.
Reply to
JKConey

Depends on the type of city driving. Lots of start/stop is not going to get good MPG. Still though, I suspect your jeep isn't broken in yet.

You need to run it at various speeds and not at one constant RPM for quite a while. All slow-and-easy is doing is making it take longer to seat the rings and valves. Although modern engines are a bit quicker to break in, it still takes time for them to get better mileage.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
socks09

Are you in New York City? Maybe your "Stop-And-Go" driving, at rush hour especially, is more "stop" than "go" and that destroys mileage. I had an old

225 Slant Six Valiant that got a solid 23-25 highway ... but during rush hour in Pueblo CO ... about 10.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

That Valiant was a nice little car.

Reply to
Larry

Glad to report that now at about 1000 miles, I just got a whopping 21mph on the highway! Still sucks in the city.

Reply to
JKConey