Freelander Clutch

After just having a new Cylinder Head Gasket replaced under Warranty my Freelander is playing up again! The Clutch pedal is now sticking down when changing gear is this "another common problem with the Freelander". Anyone got any ideas what the cause is ,is it a warranty claim?

Reply to
Tom Sawyer

First thing to check is that there's clutch fluid in the reservoir, my Defender did this due to a mild leak in the slave cylinder causing the reservoir levels to drop. The master then becomes unlubricated by the clutch fluid and can stick. Might be the same in your case.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Yes,it's another problem that occurs with more Freebies. You need to replace the clutch hydraulic assy. It comes complete with hose and the two cylinders,completely filled with oil. It's not that expensive,and maybe you can claim it under warranty.

Reply to
Woodstock

Master cyclinder?

Can happen with any vehicle. Assuming it has a master cylinder, I guess.

Renault Master vans are prone to this, apparently.

Cheers

Blippie

-- Ten minutes of this rain will do more good in half an hour than a fortnight of ordinary rain in a month.

Reply to
Blippie