Not a darn one of you can say my KJ is not a REAL Jeep

We know that Jeeps are notorious in the nickel and dime sense. Admit it, a little thing here, a little thing there. Anyway... she's a REAL Jeep, no doubt about it now.One little thing at a time.

Libby aka BigBreath has suddenly decided to prove her worth one 90 mile round trip to the stealership at a time . First, the stereo decided that it would not, could not play CDs any longer. It flat refused to even admit that it was able to. So, we took her in, they ordered her a new one and then we went back for installation.

The next day, that would be yesterday, we headed out to go caching for awhile and the damn heater controls are dead. Good GD thing that it has heated seats. And here I thought they were a foolish luxury! Hah!

I'm hoping that the guy just forgot to plug them back in when he put the stereo in (he was interrupted in the middle of the job by a suit that yakked at him for half an hour) Somehow I am not so sure that is the case. Naturally, this happens on the coldest days we have had here all winter with he threat of our first snowfall. Sooooooo I am making yet another trip to town. I suppose I could pop the trim panel off and check it but I don't know how to get it off without breaking it.

On a Ford, you grab hold and yank, like a 5 year old's front tooth. On this little beast I may go with the opposite approach and just get a bigger hammer and threaten her with it.

So, I'm going to town, then I am going shopping and I am going to hop every curb I can find and make the girls proud of me and park on top of a pile of something because I CAN!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

And don't forget: you don't _have_ to go back out to the street to get from one mall to the next!

Seahag

"KJ.Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

KJ.Kate wrote: [snip]

Good for you.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Why should you care what they think? If it's there, it's real, regardless of what someone who sells his credibility cheap says. I personally don't care what others think of my Jeepster, some think i should paint it or fix the dents. I may install the body on a completely different chassis and running gear, and not even clean the pine needles out of it.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

You would be SO proud of me! I decided to make clam chowder for dinner tonight and the usual place was out of clams (go figure) So I ran to the little market in town, traffic was busy and I spied a spot in front of the store with the only thing between me and prime parking being a big assed curb and a minivan in the turn lane in front of me.

I yanked her to the left, yelled Tawanda and pounded over the curb, slid in sideways and gimped my fat ass right on in to get my clams. Minivan mom had to wait for traffic.

Somehow, I feel better now.

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It was just the plug not plugged in.

Cool!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

: : Why should you care what they think? If it's there, it's real, regardless of : what someone who sells his credibility cheap says. : I personally don't care what others think of my Jeepster, some think i : should paint it or fix the dents. I may install the body on a completely : different chassis and running gear, and not even clean the pine needles out : of it. : -- : Stupendous Man, : Defender of Freedom, Advocate of Liberty :

I wanna watch!

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Heh, heh.

Kate, you are my kind a' gal!!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Kate, did you smack him upside the head for not plugging it in when it was in for that service?

On second thought, you better not do that.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Tom :) That made me grin aoo over!

KJK

: >> You would be SO proud of me! : > I decided to make clam chowder for dinner tonight and the usual place was : > out of clams (go figure) : > So I ran to the little market in town, traffic was busy and I spied a spot : > in front of the store with the only thing between me and prime parking : > being : > a big assed curb and a minivan in the turn lane in front of me. : >

: > I yanked her to the left, yelled Tawanda and pounded over the curb, slid : > in : > sideways and gimped my fat ass right on in to get my clams. Minivan mom : > had : > to wait for traffic. : >

: > Somehow, I feel better now. : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

He's a real good kid, I like him. He does good work too. The guy that interrupted him while in the middle of the job is a real big shot there at the jeep Joint and they were talking for over half an hour. I bet he was a little distracted when he went back to work on it and just forgot to plug it in. It's not a big deal really, other than the trip in. Gave me a chance to practise power parking anyway and go to the supermarket.

I figure if he messes up again, I'll grab him by the ear and give him my "over the glasses look"

Kate

: > Cool! : >

: > KJK : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

My step mom used to have a saying she would use for smart asses:

"Awwww, go piss up a well rope"

How's that workin for ya Billy boy?

;¬D

KJK

[...]

In spite of Bill's ranting, there is still one hurdle that the KJ has to overcome. When it has been around long enough that you can whip into about any junk yard and replace about any part on it from a carcass then it will have truly arrived.

That's one argument the edo-nuts can't gainsay - a Jeep is the ultimate recycling vehicle.

Reply to
Will Honea

LOL Will you have a very good point. Well, so far I have used tow hooks on it. That's a start. Gawd, I wonder if I will have it long enough.... oh CRAP - there isn't a wrecking yard with a hundred miles of here! Not even for things like Ford truck parts.

I gotta get the hell out of this part of the country.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Kate - you had me laughing again for a while. Cool. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Good to hear!

: > You would be SO proud of me! : > I decided to make clam chowder for dinner tonight and the usual place was : > out of clams (go figure) : > So I ran to the little market in town, traffic was busy and I spied a spot : > in front of the store with the only thing between me and prime parking : > being : > a big assed curb and a minivan in the turn lane in front of me. : >

: > I yanked her to the left, yelled Tawanda and pounded over the curb, slid : > in : > sideways and gimped my fat ass right on in to get my clams. Minivan mom : > had : > to wait for traffic. : >

: > Somehow, I feel better now. : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

LMAO! As long as you used the appropriate turn signals!

Seahag

"KJ.Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag