o.t. Save Toby

Man, that sounds REALLY good! My folks used to fry and BBQ them and they were really good but the way you described has my mouth watering

KJK

: > Troy : >

: >

: : When I was a teenager in the 70s I worked in a KFC with a guy who hunted : rabbits. He brought a couple in once field dressed, and we cleaned them : up and gave them the entire KFC treatment - original recipe of course. : : First a bath in a circulating tub of water, milk & honey. Then dipped in : an egg, milk, water & honey mix & dreged in the "11 Secret Herbs & : Spices" (mostly just coarse wheat flour and lots of black pepper, the 10 : other spices probably make up 1% of the mix) and finally pressure cooked : in peanut oil at 15 psi @ 400f for 14 minutes (if I recall correctly - : it's been 30 years after all). : : It was better than the chicken. The legs were really long - that's what : struck me the most. Really tasty fired like that though. The breasts (or : brisket I guess) looked like little meat-muffins. ;) : : - JJG :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Yes. Especially braised Willamette valley rabbit with wild huckleberry sauce. ; )

Reply to
jbjeep

We can buy them in the grocery stores here in Toronto. Out west local folks that sold eggs had them for sale. I make a rabbit stew with biscuits on top now and then, they are really good but bony.

Mike

"KJ.Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

"The English REALLY eat Irish babies" Astonishing. All that time, I thought it was chicken. If I'd known it was babies, I wouldn't have paid so much for it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

I always heard it was Mormons who ate Baptist babies.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Mormons or Baptists?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Wouldn't God forgive a Presbyterian strumpet also?

Reply to
Billy Ray

If she is playing Louis Armstrong's "My Heart"on the strumpet at the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Jubilee she is especially forgiven. You didn't say what band she is in.

Reply to
Billzz