OEM ignition parts

Hello;

I replaced my wires, cap, rotor, and plugs last year on my '99 TJ 6 cyl. Now I've got a slight (but getting slowly worse) misfire at all RPM's. First thing I'd like to try is replacing the ignitions parts with OEM. Anybody have OEM part number info or even just the manufacturers themselves, or where I can find them (other than the dealer)?

Thanks, Josh

Reply to
J Charlet

Before you start throwing parts at your Jeep, you may want to do some troubleshooting. This could be many things not ignition related. I would do a compression test first, and while you have the plugs out, check them to see if one of them is colored differently than the rest. This could indicate a faulty fuel injector, or possibly something internal in the engine. Make sure all the compression readings are within 10-15% of each other. You may have a sticky, leaky, or dead fuel injector as well. This will be relatively easy to diagnose when you look at the plugs. Look for a wet or black plug. There will more than likely be one that is colored different than the rest. If all is well, the plugs should be a light straw (tan) color.

Chris

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

If you prefer Champion, fine, but use the proper amount (keep it off the insulator lest preignition smite you) and type of antiseize compound,without fail. Whatever treatment Champion puts on the metal body loves those threads-really, really loves 'em. They're inseparable. I only use plugs with a black metal thread unless there is no alternative.

Reply to
Ted Azito

I've been discovering that first hand lately. Both my XJ and TJ -- broke plenty of insulators getting the plugs out. Didn't have any anti-sieze on hand. Wish I did.

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III