04 Jeep Liberty.

Anyone have any opinions on the 04 Jeep Liberty?

Reply to
FS

It's a fine all around vehicle that is capable of some offroading. It does better than most other independent front suspension vehicles but it still won't do nearly as well offroad as other Jeep models will... but it will do MUCH better offroad than a few here will likely admit to. I drive a built Wrangler but wouldn't mind a Liberty as a daily driver to give my daily-driver Wrangler a rest once in a while. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Don't be afraid of the Liberty. I took my bone stock sport on a run a few weeks ago and made it through stuff some of the built up Wranglers got stuck in.

The Liberty is a great off road Jeep and there are more and more mods becoming available everyday.

Go to

and cruise the forums for any questions that you might have regarding the Liberty.

KJKev

Reply to
H_Kev55_

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I have to agree with Jerry here. I saw some stock ones on the Jamboree last year that got through stuff I really thought they'd have trouble with. I'm not saying they're on-par with TJs, YJs, CJs, etc., but they're not that bad offroad. My mother-in-law has one (a 2WD model) and loves it. I drive it occasionally and it drives well on the road.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

Not being a big fan of the libby, myself, I'd still have to say that video doesn't prove much of anything. Even a stock TJ would have had the same problems (assuming it wasn't a Rubi, obviously). Open diffs and lack of articulation will do that to you every time. I've had similar problems before. Of course, it would appear that he was in 2WD too (or was a 2WD).

Eric

Reply to
Eric

A Libby is what it is, made for the person whom seldom goes off road, city type, suburbanite, and the majority of the drivers are women from my observation in my neck of the woods. It is a good vehicle and Jeep is trying to pull in the soccer crowd and it is working.

Reply to
HarryS

My wife and I bought an 04 in late Sept last year, and I have to say it is a very comfortable ride. I really have not taken it off road with my TJ yet, but we did take it to the beach yesterday, and it handled GREAT on the sand. I was really impressed with it. It also handles very well in the snow. We don't get much snow here in Raleigh NC, but did get a couple inches last year, and it went through the snow and ice with no problem. I know, I know, a couple inches of snow is nothing, so we took it to Western NY, where my folks live,last winter, and it preformed flawlessly in 6 to 10 inches on the road. So all in all, it is a great vehicle for my wife, and she loves it.

CDG

02 TJ

Reply to
casey

You'd be surprised. My neck of the woods has seen a lot of men buying/driving them. I agree -- gave a friend a hard time about buying a "grocery getter" and trying to act like it could hang with my TJ. ;-)

Eric

Eric

Eric did pass the time by typing:

I've had the Libby as a rental vehicle and was fairly impressed. My only wish is it came equiped with more horsepower. :)

Then again a Libby can be a good off-road vehicle. It just takes a little work. (now if I could find that pic with the Libby set up with a solid front axle) ... :/

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Good pic and that is a machine bet it just didn't 21K like the off the shelf ones.

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
mic canic

If they sold them like that, I think I'd consider one!

Reply to
Eric

Bill,

If the vehicle was in 4WD it would have easily got past this obstacle. Also if the driver had driven a sensible line like he ended up doing in the end it would have been fine.

A bad driver can have the best vehicle and still get stuck, but I'm sure you will have your own opinion on this. But then again I drive a diesel Liberty (Cherokee) in the UK so what would I know.

And yes I haven't listed my propper e-mail address.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Ross

Too bad the XJ isn't stock, that would drive the point home even more.

/Peter

Reply to
PeterP

Not a chance. I was just trying to point out that it wasn't a stock versus stock comparison we were seeing. No doubt even a stock XJ would spank a KJ in terms of suspension articulation, so why not use a stock XJ in the comparison?

/Peter

Reply to
PeterP

Reply to