orange exclamation mark on dash

2006 jeep grand cherokee

just finished renting it. for most of the trip, except for a few hours, an orange exclamation mark came on the top left corner of the dash. it had a half circle around the bottom of it and the bottom of the circle was like a zigzag. didin't have any problems though? anyone knew what this light meant?

Reply to
jsanders

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

can't check the whiskey box cause it was a rental . its been returned.

and its not that dash either. it was the dash where the odometer > Might look in your whiskey chest for the owner's manual. The WJ

Reply to
jsanders

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Sounds like the tire pressure light. Did it look like a U-shape with ridges on the bottom? That and the EVIC display below the tachometer (rpms) would show what each tire's pressure was. You'd tap the STEP button to revolve through the various messages it can display. If that's not it I can look at the manual later today.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

e-brake?

Reply to
griffin

thats the light. step button didn't show pressures though, but i did have a kinda low tire througout the trip. Weird how it wen't away for a day and i didn't add any air.

Reply to
jsanders

Air pressure will change with tire temperature... must have been borderline.

Reply to
JimG

If you're just below the right pressure when cold it'll set off the warning light. When mine were low it also lit up their name on the EVIC text display. Don't know which trim levels do or don't include the display of that info. I don't know the low threshold PSI.

As the sun hits them the pressure will rise. As you drive them it'll generate enough heat to likewise warm them up enough to raise the pressure. I'm guessing a combination of the two was responsible in your situation.

Reply to
Bill Kearney