Orange plastic thing from Clio dash?

Was in my girlfriends Y-reg Clio and opened the passenger door a few days ago and as I did that some panel on the left hand side of the dash board, which is normally hidden behind the door fell off, revealing some sort of electrical panel. Neither of us knew what it was for. At the same time a bit of orange plastic fell out, looks like a clip of some sort which presumably went into the panel. She didn't have any idea where it came from and so it is still sitting on the dash board now.

The car is running just fine for about the past week, I'm just wondering if this orange clip is of any importance to anything?

Cheers!

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

BANG!

:-)

-- Steveski

Reply to
Steveski

If it's like a pair of tweezers, I'd guess it's a little thing for pulling fuses out.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Don't think so, from what I saw of the panel when it was open there were a number of these types of clips.. all different colours, all plugged into holes.

Not my car so didn't question it,, but I'm curious.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Then it's a fuse. Probably a spare.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Ah.

Coloured blue, red, yellow I'd guess.

Plastic, with metal legs.

It's a fuse.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Also sprach "Mark Hewitt" :-

If it's like this..

it's a fuse.

Reply to
Guy King

The bit that fell out is entirely plastic, no metal parts in it. I'm wondering if it is a placeholder for where a fuse could be..

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Take it to Renault and let them hook the car up to the computer / analyser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the car still works, lights function etc then don't worry about it too much. If it just fell out then it has probably been loose for a while and not serving any real purpose.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

It now seems that the airbag warning light is now on. However that had been on for 2 years and only went off after a recent service. It being back might not be related.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Hi "Mark Hewitt"

Does it look vaguely like a pair of pliers, it might be a fuse pulling tool. I've got one in my Mondeo fusebox and that is orange.

Reply to
Steve Sweet

Yes, you have opened the fuse box and the Orange tool are the "fuse grippers" to insert/remove fuses.

HTH, OLi

Reply to
Oli