{{ OT }} Computerj (PC) Troubles with PCI Buss

He tried the wireless card in all slots with the same results.

Reply to
witfal

Well, right there you just narrowed it down, its either a hardware issue or a driver issue.

Here is a thought - have you tried a different "flavor" of mouse on the machine yet?

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

You're boring as hell.

Vista Cruiser.

Reply to
Pink Freud

B O R I N G

Reply to
Pink Freud

`
Reply to
Satin Fairbush

Here he is again, trying diligently to pump up that Lard Slime Ego. If you would like to do something constructive, instead of all this Stupid posting, why not clean up your Sanford & Son yard, nobody wants an Empire that looks like that Cooyon!

Spoken by the Holy Hypocrite L.W. "Cooyon Billy" Goatman-Hughes III

24Bit®

Hell yeah!

They're all just waiting to him to kick off -- all his talk about his alleged money have them drooling all over their designer padded jeans and bras. (Trouble is, both genders wear the same clothes. A nine-year-old boy wearing a padded lowcut bra? A ten-year-old girl with a huge lump in her pants? Just doesn't work, but hey, no-one in the Dysfunctional Hughes Clan ever explained things -- probably don't know themselves)

There is one little one, though, who actually might hasten up the process a bit, and it's one he'd /never/ suspect.

As Saint Dylan said, "Money doesn't talk. It swears."

;^)

Reply to
shykllgrubrre

Jeff, everyone seems to be concentrating on the wireless - let me suggest another subtle (and cheap) place to check. What you describe is typical of an overheating component on the mb - either the CPU or the interface chipset. I've actually seen more of the 828x chipsets overtemp than CPU.

Check the fan. Blow all the accumulated fuzz, dog hair, etc. out of the case and the vent holes. Blow the CPU heatsink clean as well. The fan can probably be oiled, just to make sure. One side of it will have either a foil tape or rubber plug covering one end of the fan shaft - it it's really gummy, spray some WD40 into the bearing, let it run for a few minutes, the blow the WD40 out and put a couple of drops of light oil (3-in-1 weight) into the cavity.

If you mb has temp sensors on it, check the component temps - anything over

45C is suspect.

You might also pull the PS plug > I have a PC that was running okay, but developed a problem where the mouse

Reply to
Will Honea