Buss Stuff

I picked up a 1971 parts bus the other day. Question: can the front beam, with disc brakes, and/or the transmission be used in my "under construction"

1967 camper bus? My guess is that the transmission would need an adaptor setup? Thanks....
Reply to
Rob

With some work and adapting the 71 tranny goes into your 67... reversing isn't easy.... Both engines should be type 1... no adapter betweeen.

T.

construction"

Reply to
MN AirHead

Hi.Doesn't the differential have to be flipped?I think otherwise the reduction gears would give 4 speeds reverse.I used a '66 bus trans in a FV racer instead of a bug trans(mid-engine) to get correct rotation.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

Good catch... I assumed the axles would be swapped out also.

Having Trannies fixed is quick and fairly inexpensive.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead