OT Long Term Gasoline Storage

LOL, Y2K preparedness. That was a funny time. KH

Kevin in San Diego

Well after 10 years of storing gas in my 70 Beetle gas tank I can say with certainty that the gas was dead!!! It had no smell and no burning ability, not even that nasty old gas smell.

8^) Not sure how the varnish was in the tank, I used fresh gas in a gas can to start and run the Beetle around.

I had used no Stabil in the gas when I parked the Beetle so it was untreated.

Your idea of cycling the gas is a good one! BUT BE CAREFUL!!!

later, dave

Reply to
Dave

Reply to