OT nonsense post

I changed from Qwest to Earthlink to get rid extremly poor service. That said I know have better service but literally hundreds of nonsense post with no attachments have started showing up in this group. Anyone else having this issue? Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

That is happening all over the usenet no matter what server you are on.

Mike

Joe Carroll wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I am not seeing those posts. I get tons of spam, but not in my newsgroup postings.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks, you could spend all day with the kill filter and still not get anywhere... Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Actually, the server does make a difference. Some have better junk filtering than others.

Request a free account on this server operated by the generous folks at Freie Universität Berlin:

Keeps the junk to pretty much nil.

Steve

Joe Carroll wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

wow, that surprises me. until i moved to a non-servicable area, i was a qwest dsl customer and hate that i cant get it where im at now. qwest has the best TOS of any ISP ive ever had. although i only got 1.5mbps down, i got 984k up and that was plenty to run my server out of my house. their TOS was great. they give you the bandwidth and let you do anything you want with it so long as you dont break the law. out here im on cable now and while the speeds are better, the TOS prevents me from running a server on their system so im forced to lease a dedicated server. qwest will be out in my area in the next 6 months, and ill be the first to sign back on with them.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nathan, Qwest problem was just with their usenet servers. My post would go missing or or I would sometimes just get part of posts. When I asked a knowledgable Qwest technician he told that the servers were the old US West equipment and were not being monitored or updated properly. I have Qwest at work still but just got Internet cable at home with Earthlink which is way faster and much more responsive to any service issues. That said I appear to be getting a ton of nonsensical postings with the Eartlink News servers. I may have to go back to free server mentioned above. Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Ok, For what it's worth I changed back to the Net News at Individual.net and all the nonsense post are completely gone. Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

ah ok, got it. i never used their usenet feed.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier