OT: Sports Accident

Just how stupid are kids nowadays?

Billy Ray

I think they're using the government definition of 'successful' here.

And why are 20-year-olds 'youths'?

In the U.S. the story would read "two men died of defective products. Their lawyers--who are suing for eleventy-bazillion dollars--insist it's 'not about the money.'"

Reply to
yjarray

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Tree-hugging peaceniks can't imagine why people would give up their weapons freely?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Awwww come on now Bill.... You never played catch with a live grenade?

Reply to
Billy Ray

With Fort Carson here in town, we see several incidents a year where some kid shows up with munitions. So far (with one notable exception of a war trophy from a past war) they have all been "training devices" and relatively harmless but I think someone finally figured out that the best prevention was education rather than ignorance. I know my kids were a lot more respectful around my pistols after seeing what a

45 dumdum did to a gall> Just how stupid are kids nowadays?

Will Honea

Yeah, I think the total anti-gun is missing something. I grew up with a former firing instructor dad, and we were never allowed to have "toy" guns of any variety. We were also trained really early that you never never never ever point anything looking like a gun at anyone for any reason unless you are willing to risk parental wrath or really unfriendly reaction from the pointee. Most of the kids around the area grew up in similar environments, so there weren't a lot of toy guns sold. Most of use learned to shoot accurately before entering first grade. We might be allowed a BB gun, but we were trained early to give it exactly the same respect as a firearm. Some demonstrations of how destructive they could be were done, yes, but to a young kid, without that never-ending discipline of "not a plaything, WHACK!!!" remember that young kids often think it is fun to blow stuff up...

Will Honea proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No one tried to outlaw automobiles when Teddy Kennedy killed that girl in '69 in his Oldsmobile

Reply to
Billy Ray

Yes but , in that case it was the driver that LOADED:-)

I kill myself...:-)

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
PoBoy

No, but GM did kill the Olds, although that incident probably didn't do it. The last TV ads (with the Presley girls) said, "It's not your father's Oldsmobile." But I could not help thinking, "no, it's your grandfather's." and maybe, subconsciously, people looked at the car and thought, "Geez, that's something that could be driven by Ted Kennedy."

Reply to
Billzz

I've had a couple Oldsmobiles. The first was an Olds Omega which was their version of the Nova with the 350 cid 4 barrel and it ran like a scalded dog.

The reliability was poor, typical GM as it requires a $5 part every couple weeks to keep the motor in tip top shape. The body rusted out quickly... also typical GM

The second was a '79 Cutlass Supreme that was one of the most attractively designed automobiles I have ever seen. Its only fault was the Chevette transmission that GM thought would be perfect for a mid-sized "sports" car.

Reply to
Billy Ray

All of the soccer balls were blown up during the war and all they have to play catch with are grenades (they don't kick so well). Next they'll be playing catch with land minds. Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

RoyJ

Billy Ray proclaimed:

You see any Oldsmobiles around any more?

PS. Your Outhouse Express .sig line is causing chopped posts by compliant newsposters when we follow up to you. Can you either bottom post or trade it for an icon?

Reply to
Lon

Is this better?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Yeah, see how the old stuff stays there. Thnkz.

PS. There *is* a way to use a sig with outhouse express that doesn't cause this, but darned if I can remember it...

Billy Ray proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

No stupider than kids from any other days. Those of us old enough recall a rather extensive "don't play with blasting caps" TV campaign in the 1960s.

Billy Ray wrote:

Lee Ayrton