C900 Rear Windscreen Wiper

Hi all,

My T8S does not have a rear windscreen wiper. I have the opportunity to purchase (at a very reasonable price) the entire rear assembly. How does it wire in?

Does the wiper stalk have extra directions for the rear wiper, if fitted, or is there an "extra" button to actuate it? How is the rear squirt actuated?

Inquiring minds need to know ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

More importantly, Paul, do you have the proper rear glass with the hole already in it? If not, this becomes a bit more complicated.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 20/06/2005 16:11:

I do, yes, it's pre-cut for a wiper assembly.

The actual wiring is not the problem - I need to know how the wiper and squirt are actuated. I would imagine the normal wiper stalk has a further direction (like push forward) for the rear wiper and maybe a push in for the squirter. Just need confirmation.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Paul, mines on a switch in the dash, this operates the wiper for 3 or 4 wipes, I'd go out and check for you but it's not exactly a critical number is it?

As for the rear wash, I assume it works on the same button but I've never got it to go, lazy as I am I can't be bothered to chase it down. I'm more concerned with getting full boost and getting my cruise control working.

Hope this helps.

Al

Reply to
Al

Regards, Tom, Saabtech.

saabtech

in article d98eee$fno$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Tom@saabtech at snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com wrote on 21/06/2005 08:09:

Tom - you're a beauty. Thanks a million. I just need to find a wiper switch now :) I take it it's got a wiper icon on it? Does the 9K use the same switch? There are more 9Ks in scrap yards than C900s IME.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Does the 9K use the same

My 9K (1992 CS) has a rear wiper switch in the middle of the stalk and a "squirt" button on the end..

cheers

Reply to
Nasty Bob

in article DVjue.21178$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Nasty Bob at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 22/06/2005 21:32:

Ah! That's how I thought it would be actuated, but seemingly, the C900 does it differently. Is it possible that a 9K stalk would fit a C900?

Paul

Var tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Dunnknow.... Ideal solution for you and me - we get C900's AND 9000's ;)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

You can also activate the rear wash wipe by patching in the lead that would go to the switch to the lead on the wash wipe stalk that activates the front screen wash, thus giving wash and wipe both front and rear with one pull of the stalk, but of course this means you can`t operate each seperately. Regards, Tom, Saabtech.

Reply to
saabtech