OT: Wildlife web cam

With all the talk of what we can do to kill this or that, i thought I would share this site with you.

Now this is MY kind of hunting - with a camera. I was lucky enough to see her 'talking' to her mate... amazing!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Kate proclaimed:

I pretty much moved to hunting exclusively with a camera a few decades ago, but have no real problem with folks who choose to do otherwise. All I care about is that if they wound an animal, for goodness sakes please trail the thing and be merciful. Well, OK, I kinda have a problem with caged and staged hunts or use of dogs for anything but bear protection.

Reply to
Lon

Lon, Hope you didn't get me wrong here. I am NOT anti hunting, I just thought the Eagle was hella cool

I'm not a hunter, but the hubster is and all of my family has been for generations.

Me, I shoot with my camera.

Kate

: >

: > Now this is MY kind of hunting - with a camera. : > I was lucky enough to see her 'talking' to her mate... amazing! : : I pretty much moved to hunting exclusively with a camera a few decades : ago, but have no real problem with folks who choose to do otherwise. All : I care about is that if they wound an animal, for goodness sakes please : trail the thing and be merciful. Well, OK, I kinda have a problem with : caged and staged hunts or use of dogs for anything but bear protection.

Reply to
Kate

I saw a bald eagle near Grayling MI yesterday, when I get a minute I'll put up the pic.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Hopefully not. Just because I tend to use a camera doesn't mean I really get my knickers in a twist if someone chooses otherwise...or not.

Kate proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I saw a few when I lived in Alaska, have never seen one down below.

: >

: > Now this is MY kind of hunting - with a camera. : > I was lucky enough to see her 'talking' to her mate... amazing! : >

: > Kate : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

This is the best pic that came out:

We were 'wheeling yesterday around Camp Grayling and stopped for lunch at the state campground at Jones Lake. One of the kids in our group looked across the lake and saw this feller perched at the top of a tree. By the time I was able to get my camera's lenscap off he had taken off across the lake. I didn't have my long lens so I just pointed and hoped it would focus OK. He flew down to the water, we were hoping he was going to scoop up a fish, but he didn't, just kept flying north.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Wouldn't that have been a shot! Diving for a fish I mean. Good that you even got him though!

I got to see a hawk down by our pond dive from a tree and get a snake, flew away with it in his talons, of course there was no camera nearby but it was great to watch.

There is a hawk down there this year that I have seen twice now defending his catch. Once from a vulture, once from a crow as big as the hawk is.

Reply to
Kate

Along the coast you see a lot of predatory birds fishing. We visit the wifey's parents in Punta Gorda quite often, the ospreys are fun to watch as they hunt. Last February we rented a house on Upper Captiva (I highly recommend it, no cars, about 50 people on the island, beautiful sunsets) and this damn ospry would use the stairs to the sundeck on our house as a perch while he ingested his catch to be regurgitated later for the kids. Left fish pieces all over the stairs.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

They are farther south than I ever expected, there is a nest at Cape Canaveral too, tour guide pointed it out last time we were there. IIRC it's close to the hangar where they examined the Columbia debris during the investigation.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

You don't suppose it was like a cat will bring you a mouse or some such thing...? LOL!

Reply to
Kate

Nope, I watched him disassembling the fish, and shooed him away. Those damn things are bigger than they look. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

The problem is most of em wont share, dang it!!

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

They, (the government) has put them on Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Ga. Been here for about 8 years now. I saw one while out bass fishing on the lake. It was a real sight to see.

Tom

Reply to
cantrelm

We get quite a few of the big Goldens over on the hills behind Fremont and such. Would like to see one of them take on a few hang gliderists just to see what happens.. There are a few Balds that hang out on the back side of Mt. Hamilton, and they are reasonably common along the Sierra highways and trails.

Kate proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon