Periodic Miss

'89 Wrangler 4.0 has developed a periodic miss while at idle rpm's while sitting at a stop....say waiting for the light to change. Vehicle has an auto tranny.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Dow

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks for the advice. Was thinking of using the Bosch Plugs. Any comment on that or recommendation on plugs?

Jack

Reply to
Jack Dow

Thanks for the help and the reference.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Dow

Dirty idle air passage could do the RPM bit.

Also clean/check the connectors for your electrics. TPS, CPS, MAP, etc

A miss is timing, you might have a plug/wire that's on its last legs. Or you could have a failing CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) but usually when that goes the engine simply stops.

First thing I'd do is clean the throttle body and give it a can of injector cleaner.

(I'm basing this on the 93 4.0 which is different than the 89) YMMV

Reply to
DougW