Pilot bearing

Anyone know of hand if a 258 from a "mid 70's Wagoneer" that originally had an automatic trans behind it will be suitable for use with a Jee T-4 manual transmission? In other words, will there be a "recess" in the rear of the crank that a pilot bearing can be installed in?

Thanks

Reply to
lynnhowlyn

I'm guess it will. When I bought a re-manufactured long block, I don't remember being asked if it was for an automatic or manual. And since the pilot bushing (which is what I'm assuming you mean) fits in one of the pieces that are part of the long block, it should be there.

Reply to
Michael White