ping>DougW

I am looking to replace the infinity tweeters that are in my 99 XJ, and am not having much luck trying to find one that may be a direct replacement for the factory ones. Do you know who makes a direct replacement tweeter that would fit in the door pod? I saw some listed on another forum but they were already sold....

TIA Kevininiowa

Reply to
Kevin in Iowa

snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...

Thanks for the reply, but I am afraid that those are too big for what I need, Here is a link to photo of what I am looking for

Kevin in Iowa

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...

:) I've been away from Usenet for a while.

The ones I have are MBQuart but they have been refitted into custom mounts. All depends on how much work you want to go to. The key is getting them close in frequency response. Otherwise you can wind up with some real BRIGHT sounds from the dash.

Generally you replace the door speakers, tweets, and crossover as one set. Alternativly, pull the busted one then go to a good sterio shop. Find one that will fit (my backer plates are made from 1/8" thick plastic) then pick up a decent $30 set of universals.

Reply to
DougW