Please help 1996 Cherokee Speaker wiring

Hi folks, The factory speakers for my 96 Cherokee have started to fail. Can anyone help decode the colors for the speaker connections. Just want to replace the four factory 5.25s with some Wally world specials, nothing fancy. The rear wires are kind of weird with the color layout. Purple/Yellow Purple/Red, whats pos or neg there?

Thanks.

Reply to
Rick Kelly

Rick Kelly did pass the time by typing:

Well, my zj codes arn't going to help, just checked.

There should be markings on the back of the speakers. Failing that use a AA battery.

  • to + will move the cone out
  • to - will suck it back in
Reply to
DougW

You have three colors, therefore one must be common to both speakers. That is your negative.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks guys, worked like a charm. the rings around the speaker cones had basically fell apart. The Wally World specials made her sound good agian. The front speakers went in no problem but the rear ones sounded like crap.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Rick Kelly