[205] Wiring up front driving lamps - Help please!

Hi All,

I've finally got around to getting some replacement front fogs for my 205 (some Cibie ones) and have decided I want to wire them up to a switch on the dash rather than have them come on when full-beam is on.

I've got a spare dash switch (in fact I've got about 6 so I can blow some up!!!) but I need some help on how to do it!

i.e. I don't know what the all pins on the back of the standard switches do and I don't know where to cut in to the existing loom for the various wires.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

PS: It's a phase 2

Reply to
Matt

are you wiring driving lights or fog lights cos driving lights are linked to main beam from a relay and fog lamps from a switch

Reply to
Mindwipe

Ok, I caused some confusion there... I want to wire up fog lamps to a switch on the dash - the car used to have driving lamps rigged up to main beam so I'm starting from scratch wiring wise...

Ta, M

Reply to
Matt

wire up a relay to control them loop back the output from the relay to your switch to illuminate it use your switch to either control the earth or live switch to the relay(earth is safer) dont forget to include a feed from your lights sidelight /or dip to the control circuit so it will only work with them on(and illuminate the switch)

Reply to
Mindwipe