Power Steering from 82 CJ5 -> 75 CJ5

I Am looking to buy a 75 CJ5 but only if i can swap the non power steering for my 82's power steering and the other way around. Will it work? Help i want to snag this deal up quick.

Kevin

Reply to
CJ5 on 35's

Is it the same motor? The pump bracket will fit if so. The gear box is no problem.

Reply to
JimG

You want to SWAP OUT power steering?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

NO! i want to buy the 75' cj5 but the only think wrong with it is it has no power steering. my jeep does. so the plan is to swap the steering and sell my 82 cj5 with the crappy manual steering.

Reply to
CJ5 on 35's

OK, I get it. When I read the first post, it looked like you wanted to take the power steering off.

I know there are power steering kits available to take armstrong steering into the world of power. I can't imagine why you could not take power from one and swap it in. You may need to swap another bracket or two as well, but it should work out in the end.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The engine will need to be the same, that is V8 for V8 or L6 for L6, but the V8 and the L6 take different brackets.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III