Power steering noise - need advice

I have 2004 GC and steering wheel(or rod connecting it) transfers steering pump/fluid/belt noise from engine compartment. The noise is apparent only when things get hot under a hot weather. Under cold weather when things do not get really hot, I do not hear any high pitched noise coming from power steering fluid/pump/belt.

I don't think power steering pump nor gear is at fault since they have been replaced fairly recently(yes, it's 2004 model). Does any one have an idea what might cause this noise to be transferred and how to address this noise? Moving to Alaska or any other cold place is not an option here.

I heard there was a TSB with no solution on this issue from one of DC dealership tech but I cannot find it anywhere. Help!

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JS

JS did pass the time by typing:

Are you certain that is the source? At any rate a little noise is normal. It's a Jeep. Honestly if it's so bad a little more radio won't cure it I'd be taking it back till they fix the issue. Or you could wrap a bit of dynamat around the steering column.

Reply to
DougW