SoftTop Header Bar leak..

Hey all,

I've got a Kayline soft top on my '98 Wrangler. I bought the softtop that same year.

I got my soft top on finally a few weeks ago and I've noticed that when I'm on the highway, I can feel air blowing in between the header bar and the windshield. On further investigation, it seems the latch on the drivers side pulls the top on nice and tight, but the pass side one doesn't hold as tightly.

I've checked all the hardware, tightened everything up wherre I can, but I'm still getting air, and sometimes rain, coming in!

Has anyone else with a kayline seen this? Any suggestions as to why the latch would start to loosen up?

Thanks,

Tim

P.S. To all you guys who will simply write "get a better top", "kayline sucks" etc.. please save your typing. ;)

Reply to
DiezMon

Tim, I won't say that. But you must be one of the very few with a TJ Kayline top. If memory serves, they made very few - then sold out to STC (Specialty Top Company) who does not manufacture a TJ top today.

Maybe someone else can help you but I think you are on your own.

Andy

2001 TJ Too much done - I forgot most of it
Reply to
Andy

I used to have a Kayline on my TJ. The only thing I can think of is to make sure that that the seal between the header bar and the windsheild are VERY CLEAN when you latch them together. The one time I had a leak there I had a few grains of sand in the seal.

Reply to
jbjeep