Question about Grands and 4x4

Ok I have been reading and also looking at adding another Jeep to the stable (yeah I'm a sucker for punishment..lol) and I'm sort of leaning towards a Grand Cherokee, I do have a question about the full time 4x4.. I know you can shift between hi and low, but how do you engage the 4x4 to begin with? or is it always on?. My XJ has the 2wd hi, 4wd hi and past "N" has 4wd low. How do these others shift into 4x4 ????

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

The same with one extra shift, full time high.

Mike

Snow wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Snow proclaimed:

Some of the Grands have the all time 4x4. Those will have only 4HI and 4LO plus neutral on the transfer case shift lever. Jeep used to call this "all the time" 4wd. There are others that have 2HI, 4HI, neutral, and 4LO, which you would only put into 4HI when slippery. And then there is 2H, 4HI part time, 4HI full time, Neutral and 4LO where you can leave it in 4HI full time on hard surfaces.

Best bet is to just order the owners manual from techauthority.

Reply to
Lon