Quick question about YJ 4 banger...

The valve cover is leaking on wife's YJ. Gasket or sealant?

Reply to
Jeepers

L.W.(ßill)

Gasket. Should only set you back about $10.

Might want to >The valve cover is leaking on wife's YJ. Gasket or sealant?

Reply to
Trevor Watt

O.K. That's one vote for gasket, one for sealant. Before I remove the dang thing out at my place in the sticks, I'll need a tie breaker.

Reply to
Jeepers

Buy both before you begin the job, and return the unused materials after you are done. Not much of a tie breaker is it? ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Not too bad. I have all kinds of good sealant, and I try to avoid AutoBone® when I can.

Reply to
Jeepers

O.K., 1 for gasket

1 for gasket maker

:^) Still a tie!

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Earle's tip for assemblies like this: Use a nut driver, not a wrench or socket.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

My Haynes book says that the metal covers dont have gaskets and the gasket for the plastic ones may not be available .

Reply to
Brian Harding

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Redge Egder

Reply to
Redge Egder

How true!

Thanks all!

I don't have a TCM for it yet and needed to do something about it pretty soon. Looks like I will be installing her Tuffy trunk this weekend instead.

Time for a new thread about the tank...

Reply to
Jeepers