Quick! What's a Wrangler "X"?

What options, or lack of ,denote the "X" line?

Reply to
Jeepers

twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The X is an SE with a 6 instead of a 4.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Neither does the SE. The SE is the base model, and the X is the base model with the I6 engine upgrade. If one wishes to have the D44, they have to buy the Sport or higher trim levels.

Reply to
CRWLR

Thank you.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I wish for that again.

The hell I went through trying to get no carpet in my XLT!! Never happened.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
twaldron

That's true Bill. We used to be able to pick and choose just about any option, or combination of options available when ordering a vehicle.

That was before the days of option packages, that require you to order many items that you don't want, to get the options you do want.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

You would need to have purchased the XL to get no carpets. But the XL package takes away the electric windows and other stuff that you want with the XLT. From what I remember when my Dad was in car biz, you had to take the options that came with any given package, then you could add extra stuff. You could not exclude package items. This means that you would have to take the lowest model available and add features that you wanted. Many times, the additional features on a lower model would end up costing more than taking the features of the package on the next higher model, but this meant getting things you might not have wanted.

Reply to
CRWLR

Yup, that's why it never happened. Having a ranch truck with carpet is just plain stupid, but Ford hasn't figured that out yet. Like no F-150s with a crew cab AND long bed. Stoopid. Stoopid Stoopid.

Reply to
Jeepers

Well, people who actually work a truck are such a small segment of the market these days that the manufacturers can safely ignore them. You can't buy a Jeep Wrangler without carpet for crying out loud, or at least you couldn't when I bought mine.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Yeah, but that Wrangler carpet comes out a heluva lot easier than it does in Ford!

Reply to
Jeepers

It sure did the day I bought mine. 8^)

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

You should be able to get the SE without carpets. Presumably, you should be able to get the X without carpets as well.

Reply to
CRWLR

In '99 the Jeep next to mine on the lot (TJ Sport, too) had no carpet. Maybe it was a custom order.

Matt '99 TJ

Reply to
Matt

Mine was a custom order. Maybe the carpet was just removed.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

"Carpeet? We don't need no stinking carpeet!"

Reply to
Eugene D'Jeep