Radiator leaking...

The radiator in my '79 CJ is leaking from the jerry-rigged brace I used to add a little distance between the fan and radiator. My buddy tried to solder it, but we really could not see exactly where it was leaking so it really did not help. We did succeed at mounting the radiator inside the grill giving another 1" clearance.

But lo and behold it is still leaking. Here are my choices:

1.) $170ish new radiator from Radiatorbarn. Really don't have the extra $$ right now. 2.) take radiator to a real shop to have it tested and fixed. Anyone know what this will cost? 3.) throw some Bars Leak in and see if it helps

What should I do?

Reply to
aGraham

Well worth the money .if you can spare it.

Between $35 and $70

Never put this stuff in your engine it can as it is made to plug things up, this can lead to problems with many things like. Water Pump Heater core Engine water jackets

If it is a leaking on the side housing and not the cores them selves I would take it to a garage and see about getting it brazed or welded, I person who know what they are doing and fix this and a small jpb like that might be $30 or less.

Reply to
Jeepster

Reply to
aGraham