'79 CJ5 top radiator hose.

Hello all,

Getting my CJ5 ready for the summer. The upper radiator hose is leaking and needs to be replaced.

I built an onboard aircompressor in the Jeep, using a York aircondition compressor as an airpump/compressor. So basically the Jeep has the same set up as a 79 CJ% with aircoditioning (?).

For some reason the radiator hose that is available for that application isn't long enough it seems. (The part that goes from the radiator towards the airconditioning pump seems "short"

I remember when I did the conversion that I had another hose, but don't remember anymore what one. Does anyone have an idea ? or know what hose it is I need ?

thanks,

Ron

Reply to
Ron Croonenberg

Would an upper radiator hose from a YJ work ?

R> Hello all,

Reply to
Ron Croonenberg

Take the hose off and take it with you to the parts store. They can match it up. You may not be able to find the molded hose to fit, but you can certainly get a straight hose and bend it. I had to wrap my top hose with a beer can where it rubs on the air compressor, this keeps the hose off of the compressor -- which results in wearing a hole in the hose.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Ron, Just measure how long the hose is that you will need and go to your local autoparts store they will cross your dementions to a hose. Regards Neil

Reply to
NDS