Re: Adjustable Coil Over Spacer

Interesting concept.

I can only see one issue and that is shock length. Can you get a shock that can handle that much travel from full down to full up?

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Adjustable Coil Over Spacer (ACOS?) - Has anyone install them on> their TJ. If so is it easy to adjust them? I would like to install a> set of 4 put them on the lowest setting then when offroading crank them> up. So if you have a set is it easy to raise or lower them. Are they> worth the money?
Reply to
Mike Romain

Their picture shows the adjustment ring all the way up, lowering the car while not retracting the bump stop, that ought to make it ride nice. NOT! God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

IMHO these are only worthwhile if you can adjust them from the driver's seat.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I can see a couple of problems with cranking those things up and down.

  1. Its going to mess with your alignment. But probably not too big of an issue off road.

  1. Cranking them up is going to require you to lift 1/4 of the weight of the vehicle. Add friction to the equation and you're going to need a fairly long lever to accomplish your goal.

  2. The thread looks fairly fine which means its going to take a lot of turns to make any difference.

  1. There isn't a lot of room in a TJ's wheel well to be turning these things up and down.

I think idea is good in principal, but not very practical. Air bags might be better, like this:

http://www.offroad>

Adjustable Coil Over Spacer (ACOS?) - Has anyone install them on>their TJ. If so is it easy to adjust them? I would like to install a>set of 4 put them on the lowest setting then when offroading crank them>up. So if you have a set is it easy to raise or lower them. Are they>worth the money?

Reply to
Dean