Re: Grand Cherokee Owners - Fight back!!

I never said the flat-rate was a rip-off, I used it in my Chevron:

How else could labor be figured,straight time shop, who would do a job that why, how could you complywith written estimate before the job is start?

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill: Sorry, I should have said: "if one believes flat-rate is--------". You might not, although it appears most do. A straight time shop refers to the method of paying the technicians, not the retail billout. Who would do it? It is very common in the heavy truck business these days to pay the tech in that manner (in essence, they are on a salary). Written estimates (not the law everywhere, by the way) are prepared using flat rate as usual. Bob

Reply to
Robert Brace

Reply to
mic canic