Re: jacking my XJ

I bash my axle tubes on rocks all the time. I also jack right from the center of the diff a lot. Hell you can drill a hole in your front axle tube if you want (ok well I wouldnt). Its dry past the diff. (seals are in the diff) You can also jack from under the lower control arm brackets usually. The bumper is made of tin foil I think. KH

I have read not to place the jack under the axel tubes and I have bent > the front bumper so ware is the lift point on the front
Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Unless you have some sort of reinforcement, I wouldn't jack your vehicle from the center pumpkin. The leverage on the axle tubes is too great and you could bend them enough to cause future trouble, especially if you have a d35c, which has smaller tubes than the d44. Try the spring perches (is that the right term?) and the control arm attach points (whatever they're called) in the front. TJim

Reply to
TJim
2000 owners guide says to use the tube closest to the wheel.
Reply to
mebaggss