Re: Jeep Liberty: awkward fan controls

I think thats so it will have continuous fresh air intake. I usually just set it to the floor setting when I'm done with the vent or defrost.

Carl

I rented a 2007 Liberty for 2 weeks and liked most things about > it, except its tendency to guzzle gas and, for the purpose of > this post, it's odd fan controls. > > Typical fan controls allow you to pick an airflow position, i.e. > feet, face, or vent, LEAVE it at that position and control the > fan speed independently. But on the Liberty, you can only turn > the fan ON by cycling through those positions, not by adjusting > the fan speed switch (it won't go lower than "1"). What were > they thinking here? > > For example, you have to cycle through 8 fan positions from OFF > to reach the vent setting, which happens to be the one I'd like > to leave it at 90% of the time. In other words, when I want the > fan OFF, I have to dial 8 notches counterclockwise each time > from my preferred vent setting. Nothing else I've driven forces > you to do that. > >
(photo of typical Liberty dashboard)> > If this isn't clear enough, see that photo. The circle on the > middle dial at 7 o'clock is the fan OFF position. The fan speed > dial (1,2,3,4) can never be turned to "0". They need to give the > fan a "0" position so you don't have to change the middle dial > unless you want to. Is this a "Jeep Thing" that truly makes no > sense? > > Steadman > > > P.S. The Liberty also boasts the world's smallest glovebox. They > could have enlarged IT instead of mounting that wide safety > handle in front of it. Said handle looks like it could maim > someone in a crash. >
Reply to
Carl S

Yea? Just wait till you drive one down the highway with both front windows down.....

Kate

2O|||||||O6 Rubicon