Re: Recomendations for a paint gun

I have several items that I want to spray with POR15 paint. I already

>have the paint and am prepping the things I want to spray but do not >have a spray gun. I am not really sure what to look for in a gun. I >will only be using it to spray POR15, paint bumpers, and other things. > Any good recomendations out there for an inexpensive gun that will >give a decent job. I would rather not spend more than $100. I >noticed Harbor Freight has 3 or 4 different guns and Craftsman has >one. Any ideas? > >Brand Howard >

IMHO, I wouldn't spray POR15 unless you have some serious safety equipment. POR15 is very unhealthy to breath. If you spray via a gun, the paint molecules could linger in the air long after you are done. If you don't have a pro spray booth that vents away the lingering air, you could risk future illness. Keep it in liquid form and just paint it on. It's worked well for me. Besides POR15 doesn't like UV light and will change shade. I'm currently in the same phase as you. I have my bumper, skid plate and hitch plus underneath scraping off rust and preparing to paint POR15. Once I have that done, I will rattle spray parts like the bumper with bed liner rhino type stuff. It will give it a more rugged look and protect the por15 from UV.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Jeff

to do over again I