Re: rocker panel protection

Eric,

Look at the step rub rails at

Awesome!

Bob

I was looking to get some nerf bars for a couple of reasons: 1. to protect > the rocker panels, and 2. to assist in getting in and out of my TJ (it's > only got a 2" lift... but when my uniform is freshly starched, it can be a > pain!). I've heard nothing but negative things about getting plain-jane > nerf bars (although I wheeled with a guy a couple of weeks ago that beat the > heck out of his and they still look good...). I've narrowed it down to > three options: > > 1. Boulder bars (drilling required) > 2. Olympic (either the rectangle rock slider or the reverse-a-bar -- which > I really like and doesn't require drilling) > 3. FRS Rock Rails (These are SHARP -- but drilling required). > > I only go on the trails about once every 6 weeks or so. And when I do go, > seeing that I only have a 2" spacer lift, I don't go too crazy. In other > words, I'm not going to the extreme all the time, so I may not need to get > an integrated-full-cage-tied-into-the-granite-made-of-titanium-type of > product. ;-) > > Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks! > > Eric > 99 TJ SE > 2" spacer Lift > TB Swap (yay!) > >
Reply to
Wander2008

Nerf Bars rob clearance, which you may find critical with your 2" spacer lift.

Try rocker guards from fourxdoctor.com. They don't rob clearance and provide the "step" you need.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

They don't have any prices listed... any ideas on how much they cost? Also, what's with that awful diamond plating?!? If it was flat black, we'd be in business...

Reply to
Eric

Ok, nevermind.. for $379, they're nuts!!!!

Reply to
Eric

I've had my eye on the Lange Bulletproof Sidesteps.

pretty nice and doesn't seem to rob of clearance. For $209, they seemlike a bargain. Anyone have experience?

- Kevin in Iowa, v2.0

Reply to
Blah

I on the other hand do run nerf bars, They are above the lowest part of the frame, so the only clearance I lose is between the wheels. My nerfs stick out farther than rock rails do, they have saved my tub/doors several times from contact with trees.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Prinz