Re: Smittybilt bumper w/hitch problem

Needle nosed vise grips worked for me. I used them to put the bolt in the back side and hold it with the nut going outside.

It took a bit of cursing and wiggling, but I got them in.

Either that or you need to drop the gas tank down.

Or totally forget you have a hitch there, because it will 'not' be safe to use without all the bolts holding it on.

Mike

Dwayne Wanner wrote:

> I bought the Smittybilt tubular bumper w/hitch. The instructions call for > bolting the hitch with 8 bolts, 4 on each side, using the holes already in > the frame. > I was able to bolt the outside holes fine, however, I cannot get to the > inside holes. Is it really necessary to bolt the four inside holes? They are > impossible to get to. Has anyone done this? Can anyone help? > Thank you for your time.
Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks. I think I'm going to try your idea.

Reply to
Dwayne Wanner