Re: Stop me before I buy again

Let me help you Earle.

Buy it. :)

Earle Hort> Woman down the street is selling a mid-sixties Scout II with 345 V8, 2 inch

body lift, D44s, new 32x11.5 tires, new carburetor, alternator, K&N, custom > roof rack, usual amount of rust and Bondo, nothing I couldn't fix. She > wants $2,100 but I suspect she might take $1,500. The damn thing is calling > to me... > > Earle > >
Reply to
Thomas Waldron

Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle,Buy me Earle, Buy me Earle, DAMN ... I HEAR IT CALLING YOU!! make it stop.

Reply to
J J

Gee Earle, that sounds like a real bad deal. Whatever you do, don't buy it.

Now where was it located?

Tom

The Ox (Oxide) '86 CJ7, 258 I6, 4 spd, 3" Lift, 33x12.5 BFG's '96 XJ PMS '01 ZJ TS

Reply to: Group, or snipped-for-privacy@spleen.acd.net Remove my spleen to reply. (please be gentle) Home page:

stuff:
aint much, but it's mine.

Reply to
Tom Needham

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Silverton, on Blair between Tenth and Eleventh...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Yep, 25 lbs. of pure FeO2!

Reply to
TJim

buy.....buy.....buy.....

your eyes are getting heavy.....

buy....buy....buy....do not let this one get away....buy...buy.....

Reply to
Jo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

Yeah, I never heard of any part of any IH product referred to as "svelte" either. Hmm, maybe the fenders after it has been on the road a season. ;o)

(If this message comes out weird, I am trying out NetScape 7.1 tonight.)

Earle

Thomas Waldr> I was referring to Bill's description of the TJ frame.

Reply to
Earle Horton

Hell of a deal - buy that sucker.

Reply to
Desert YJ

Bill's just jealous that most of his flex comes from his frame instead of his suspension...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Yup, it's designed to flex, using rivets, and no welds to bolt together their frames:

like thecommercial trucks that have to haul, eighty thousands reliably acrossAmerica for millions of miles of their life time. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Macchiarolo wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

It's a good thing too, since those leaf springs don't. It's like driving a forklift.

:-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Commercial trucks have a 215" wheelbase and a trailer pressing down on their

70,000lb capacity rear axles and flex naturally .. Yours, with the 80" wheelbase and light weight, was rivetted together as that was the cheap and safe option.. Remember the Liberty ships with low grade WW2 steel and welds that were prone to cracking ? (btw I understand new trucks like Kenworths and Peterbilts use huck bolts now)

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > Bill's just jealous that most of his flex comes from his frame instead of his : > suspension... : >

: > >Its not a bad as you think - it may be thinner, but the steel is very tough : > >and of high quality. : > >

: > >Dave Milne, Scotland : > >'99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > >

: > * * * : > Matt Macchiarolo : >

: >
: >

Dave Milne

LOL Yer just nailing poor old Bill! heh heh

JJ

Yup, it's designed to flex, using rivets, and no welds to bolt together their frames:

like thecommercial trucks that have to haul, eighty thousands reliably acrossAmerica for millions of miles of their life time. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Macchiarolo wrote:>

Reply to
Jumpin' Jiminy