Re: tin pan for 304 intake.

> Are you talking about this? >
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A heat shield to help keep the incoming air cooler by keeping the hot engine oil from being flung onto the bottom of the intake runners and to keep it a bit more isolated from the engine block.

Reply to
DougW

yep it is from an 84 360 out of a Grand Wagoneer. I have installed a 360 intake manifold on a 304 with no problems before. I would think that this pan is the same. later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

That seems strange that that is the purpose of that pan. Esp. since hot exhaust runs through part of the intake manifold. ;-) Are you sure it does not keep that area under the intake manifold from heating up the air including the oil that splashes on it? Now of course I think the factory intake manifold gasket is a valley pan also (no oil splashing up there anyway). later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Now that makes sense then as to the purpose of that tin pan. thanks HomeBrewer. later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave

Look at that pan before it got cleaned

after
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

sure I will sell one of them. what is it worth? let me know and I will ship it out to you later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1