Re: Transfer case shifting Problem on my yj

You didn't touch the T-case did you? THe new slave should have nothing to do with the T-case shift. I need to do that to my 89 - working on the internal slave is a royal pain in the ass, as you know...............

I recently replaced the slave cylinder on my 92 4 liter yj. By the way, I > converted it to an external slave which comes on the 94 and later wranglers > with the external slave. The auto salvage charged be 50 bucks for the newer > bell housing and 25 for the snout cover for my ax15. I never had a problem > with the slave before but figured it was worth the conversion in case it > happens again. > > The problem I am having is with shifting the transfer case. Since I put it > back together, I am not feeling a click between shifting between 2 and 4 > wheel drive. It does work properly though as it does actually shift. There > used to be a notch type feel when shifting between 2 and 4 wheel high and 4 > wheel low. The lever works way too smooth now as before there was a detent > type feel between shifts. What happened? and has anybody had this problem > before? I have checked the linkage several times and tried different > adjustments with the rod that connects to the bottom of the transfer case > shifter without any luck. > > Thanks > Roger > > >
Reply to
Jeepaholic