Re: Using POR-15....

You can paint straight on as long as the surface is tight - it has a rust inhibitor in it. I think I uses a quart for the frame and axles, so I guess you will need 2. Don't pour out any more than you need as it starts turning itself into plastic as soon as its out the can, and ffs don't get it on your skin. Any bits (doesn't sound like there are any) that will be exposed to the sun need to have another layer of a different paint on top, as POR15 doesn't like ultraviolet.

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

POR stands for "Paint Over Rust" for a reason!

Reply to
Ken Finney

using a power washer too? just a suggestion later, dave

Reply to
Dave

wish i could-don't have one and can't afford to get one since i just spent some money getting the mpi kit...sigh.... thanks for the suggestion though...

Reply to
serg

good point...it would save me all that scrubbing....i'm going to look into it....

Reply to
serg