Re: Where to advertise 1997 Jeep Wrangler for sale

Sorry, I forgot to add...Please either reply to the group or send e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@att.net.

Hi, > > I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but I can't > seem to find any answers using google. I'm looking to sell my Wrangler. > Where is the best place to advertise my 1997 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L sport > w/78,500 miles? I'm looking into trying to sell it using autotrader.com, > but I thought I would get suggestions here first. > > Thanks. > >
Reply to
meto

Well... I tried to sell my CJ7 in paper, ... Over the course of 30 days I received exactly 7 calls from the advertisement. I was better off just driving around........

Billy

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

Auto Trader is about the same. I've tried to sell several autos thru them and got very little response....and I was asking decent prices too! It may just be my market though. Around here people would rather just buy from the dealership new or used because of the great financing and warranty.

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1

I have had good results selling vehicles using Auto Trader. Be sure it is listed in your local Auto Trader as well as on the internet.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I have also found that I had a much better respone from people just 'stopping by' to see it in the driveway. I don't have a driveway here (highrise garage), but my girlfriend's house ... I had 10 people in one weekend.

I think the 'tire kicker to buyer' ration is much higher though... --- that is bad! :)

Billy

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Thanks all,

I'm going to try autotrader.com and the local autotrader paper. I'm also going to look into jeep classifieds.com. Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
meto

My only advise based on selling several vehicles is this: Your best chance to sell is in the first few days.

TAKE THE FIRST OFFER THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO WHAT YOU WANT!

I've turned down some "early offers" thinking better offers will come, but then never seem to. Later I look back at those "early offers" and wish I had taken one. The phone stops ringing after 2-3 days.

There seems to be a group of folks that read the car adds every day, so when your add hits you will get a flurry of calls. Work aggresively with these initial people to sell your jeep. After that, it drys up quickly.

Jamie.

meto wrote:

Reply to
Jamie