Tires and Speedometer

I have 32" tires on my CJ7. Assuming that the tires were added with nothing else done to tranny, etc, will the speedometer be accurate? What size is stock with a 85 CJ7?

Reply to
Joe

No.

29", I think.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

How far off will it be? How can I calculate it?

Reply to
Joe

((big tire size/small tire size)-1)*100 = percentage speedo will be off

so

32/29=1.103-1=.103*10= 10% approx. (the speedo will read slow)

So if these are the tire sizes you have, then at 60mph your speedo will be off by 6mph.

If you go from bigger to smaller tires for some reason, the speedo will read fast.

Chris