Rear tail light bolts

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and I was going to replace the passenger side rear tial light but when I went to do so the socket set that I have which has standard and metric sizes did not fit the bolt. Does anyone know what size socket will work on the bolt? ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
redinak

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Bill, it's actually a trick to get a bolt head, that you can get a reasonable amount of torque on, made out of cheap ass metal. That is my analysis anyway, and my pre-German Wrangler has them too.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I have a memory of Jeep having one of those 6.5 mm I think it is sockets needed someplace? I know I have one and I know I have done a taillight. I am going to remove a couple more tomorrow or in the next couple days and will check...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Bill, it's actually a trick to get a bolt head, that you can get a
Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III