Recommended torque for oil drain plug (94 YJ)

Subject about sums it - what's the recommended torque for the oil drain plug (94 Wrangler) - 25 '# ?. Thanks. - TK

Reply to
Tripp Knightly
25 foot pounds it is....
Reply to
Jerry McG

That really varies, but about 15 to 25 is normal.

The washer makes a big difference. You are 'supposed' to use a new copper crush washer each time and they need about 25 ft lb to compress.

If you use a nylon washer, they use a little less and if you re-use either, then drop it down even more. Once the washers are compressed the bolt needs to be tightened really carefully or it will quickly go too tight and strip.

Mike

Tripp Knightly wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

I like that. Exactly what it says in my ZJ book and guess what. Been using the same bolt since 93 at about 3-4 oil changes per year. Not one drip yet. :)

cept mebby me.

I can be a real drip.

Reply to
DougW