Repair of the Week

Remember just last week my posting about windshield wiper motors going belly up? Well, yesterday I noticed an antifreeze puddle (of significant size) under the front end. Just a year ago (almost to the day) I had the radiator pulled and repaired. Why do we drive these things?

Mark '98 TJ '98 XJ

Reply to
M. E. Bye

If you just had your radiator repaired then its probably water pump time lol. I know the feeling. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
twaldron

Hope not. I did that at the same time a year ago.

Mark

Reply to
M. E. Bye

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

We always fear immediately that it's going to be really hard and/or enormously expensive, but it could be as simple as a broken hose clamp.

Reply to
Dale Beckett

Oh, do I know that feeling! CLutch master cylinder was leaking, finally died (I thought). Got parts, started, waited for the weather to warm up a little more, then realized that the new one left me with about an inch of travel from the floor. WTF??? Doing my imitation of a pretzel, I look up under the dash and the offset arm on the clutch pedal (88 MJ) has broken and bent. Hey! That's a quarter inch steel arm! Cuss and swear for an hour to get the pedal off the hanger only to find my oxygen tank is empty. Off to the welding supply house, weld pdeal, fight it back in... A job that should take an hour at the outside has consumed the better part of a week now, given company, Christmas, etc. etc.

What's the chances of that stupid arm breaking at exactly the same time the mc goes titsup???

Reply to
Will Honea

Well, if they never broke, I'd be hard pressed to make a living working on them. As it is, I live good.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep Wrangler YJ TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51, SPONGER#2

Reply to
Old Crow

Well, lessee...Had problems with my charging system last week. The next day, my wife tells me that her lights start flashing on and off if she uses the high beams. Got the charging system fixed and the light switch ordered...yesterday it was like 18 degrees when I went out to start my Jeep for work...when I turned on the defroster, the fan motor howled really loud for a few seconds before it got going. Oh, and with 6" of snow/ice in the driveway, the bikes are safely parked for the winter...I'm damned sure not trying to ride an 800 lb motorcycle up 3/4 of a mile of ice covered dirt road at 5:30 in the morning.

As my old father used to say..."It's always something..."

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep Wrangler YJ TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51, SPONGER#2

Reply to
Old Crow

LOL!

I would be keeping the good MC that you swapped out for a spare....

Mike

Will H>

Reply to
Mike Romain

While I'm cussing a blue streak about all of this my fiancee says: "so... are you thinking of getting rid of it?"

Me: "not a chance!"

Mark '98 TJ '98 XJ

Reply to
M. E. Bye

I once had a parts counter guy say "Can't ya just let it die?" I just laughed as I hung up the phone.

Reply to
aGraham

I'm toying with taking an `81 CJ-7 hulk off a coworker's hands. Another coworker came up to me when he'd heard and said "Why the fark do you want another Jeep that you can't drive and have to fix all the time?" I just laughed.

-- Thank ghod it's Them instead of You.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
Will Honea

I have a bunch of friends that want to shoot mine. They just dont get it.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike Chambers